This post (not photos) is inspired by Christine's "Construction" series.

3 years ago I purchased a large scientific instrument
("X-ray diffractometer") that came with a large water chiller installed.
The chiller was supposed to be installed inside the building "core",
behind the wall from the room for th system.
The company provided the specs for it, and we checked that it would make
it through a narrow passage to the core.
Close to delivery, it turned out that they provided the specs for
a wrong model of the chiller. The chiller we were to receive
wouldn't make it through.

That core used to have the second, much wider, entrance, but because
of the construction of the building addition, access to that entrance
was removed and the floor around that door was removed - that
was the wall where the new part of the building would be attached.

So, the solution was to lift the chiller up and into the former door
hole using the construction crane. Well, the story was captured
in this gallery:
http://www.komkon.org/~igor/PHOTOS/FlyingChiller/
The last two shots show the X-ray diffractometer: the grey-colored
enclosure with glass doors and the grey-colored generator next to it.

I don't think that this gallery carries much of "artistic" value,
it's mostly a "technical" photo-reportage.
All shots were preserved including the sub-optimum ones - for
completeness of the story.

... but all and any comments are welcome.

Igor