Is it a hate crime to hate arrogant ignorance?

Not until you go out and try to shoot a whole bunch of arrogant,
ignorant people.

Until then, it's just an opinion, which everyone should know by now are
like assholes ... everybody has one and everybody thinks theirs is the
only one that doesn't stink.

I expect the "journalist" who wrote the article for the BBC is NOT a
photo-journalist.