The *ist just advances the film one frame at at time and rewinds at the end of the roll.

I bought 3 of them in the past few years. With the battery grip it was a nice sized camera, compact but not too small,. The AF was pretty good (though focus points were clustered way too tightly).

It is really a fun camera but the build quality is terrible. None of my three lasted more than a few months - shutter buttons stop working, control wheels jam, the plastic covers on switches just crumble away after a few weeks of light use. And I just kept it around the house for casual shooting.

Mark