He doesn't come over as obnoxious until after his gear gets spilled on the tarmac. He does come over as not having done what he should to prepare for flight.

As others have pointed out, he should have had a TSA approved lock on
the case & not having insurance is just begging to be screwed by the
airline.

OTOH ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

Didn't happen to me, but I did once arrive at my destination to find out
none of my luggage, including my Martin 12 string, had made the
connection at O'Hare.

Fortunately, the guitar arrived safely several days later, so I was just
pissed off rather than heartbroken.