A sluggish aperture would probably cause over exposure, as the lens wouldn't be fully closed down when the shutter opened.

I have noticed that the K-5II, (and all earlier models of Pentax DSLR I've owned), grossly underexposed when using the green button on pre A lenses in dim light. Long lenses also tend to underexpose, just a little, but the files in that case are still easily usable.