I saw "Barry Lyndon" in first release on the big screen (super-wide-screen
somewhere in Manhattan, NYC) way back when it was new, and was surprised then
to hear all the negative reviews. I think I went to see it twice then. I've
seen it many times since in small theater showings and on video releaseā€¦ to me
it's always been a masterwork.

I'll have to see if the re-release is showing around here any time soon. Thanks
for the heads up, Bob!