Jostein

Once the equatorial mount is motorised & aligned correctly, do you intend to use a camera body to collect images through the telescope or will you replace the telescope with a camera & lens?

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Jostein
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2016 1:42 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Astronomic field report

Skies are getting darker here now, so finally I got a good chance to try
out my semi-DIY motorisation of the telescope mount for the Pentax 75 EDHF.

At the moment I can produce reasonably sharp images at a 30s exposure.
The focal length of the telescope is about 500 mm, so this exceeds the
controlling capability of the Astrotrace function in the K-5 + O-GPS1
combo. That's got to be a milestone.

The current limits to accuracy are accurate polar alignment and accurate
focus. The believe the latter can be improved by lubrication of the
mechanism, and the former by reading up on the subject. :-)

No PESOs yet, but here's a picture of the mount here (Google images,
shortened link): http://turl.no/15lv

Substitute the clump of metal mounted to the same axle as the knob with
the Pentax logo for my own setup, and you get the idea.

Jostein

---