On 9/27/2016 6:14 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:
A brief survey of the students in my "Digital Photography II" class,
from an equipment standpoint:

There are a dozen students in this class.
2 started out with point & shoot cameras (but are getting DSLRs for
the course)
10 came into the course already owning DSLRs
All Canon or Nikon
All APS-C format DSLRs
No mirrorless
No Four-Thirds cameras
None of the students has even heard of mirrorless cameras
2 students knew about raw files (one of whom shoots raw already)

Point & shoot cameras aren't that bad if they have some way to manually
select aperture/shutter speed and a way to adjust exposure compensation
(or better yet a manual mode that allows full control).

But, if only 2 of them even knew what raw files were, I kind of wonder
what were they taught in Digital Photography I?