Larry, yep. The times I've shot macro, I've seen the same. I'll skip the adapters.

On 9/27/16 1:19 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

Doug Brewer wrote:
I am interested, for unknown reasons, to use a ring light for portrait
work on certain subjects, so I'm appealing to the group mind for
recommendations for ring lights that work with Pentax cameras.

If you have one an want to get rid of it, talk to me. Or, if you have
one and don't want to get rid of it, tell me what brand it is and let me
research.

I picked up one of those adapters that goes on a regular speedlight.  It
doesn't really work all that well, even for macro.  Macro requires much
less light, in absolute terms.  For macro, the inverse square law is
your friend.

Thanks much.