I was wondering if someone know the answer to this question about LR:

I have photos stored on an external HDD (USB 3.0).
I create Smart Previews and 1:1 Previews (both reside on the internal SSD). I am comparing the following situations: the HDD is connected and disconnected. I wonder if the fact that the original files are available (on the slower HDD) slows down the work (i.e. pulling any information from the original file on the external HDD)? I.e. is there any advantage of disconnecting the external HDD once I have both Smart and 1:1 previews on the internal SSD?

Thank you,

Igor