It's in the supplemental manual:
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/digital/pdf/K-1_Ver.1.30_Detail_for_Enhanced_features.pdf

It only works in single frame shooting mode, and disable shake reduction.

Larry Colen wrote:
Firmware 1.30 is now up on
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/digital/k1.html

The thing I was most excited about was electronic shutter in Live View,
it might make LV a lot more useful.
I installed the software, went into menu, and the item
LV Electronic Shutter
is in menu "Camera" 2. I.e. the second menu in the first set.
Unfortunately it is greyed out, saying ESoff

Anybody know how to activate it?
The manual hasn't been changed.

FWIW. the square crop mode is now in place, which I guess would save a
small amount of memory if shooting in raw and you want square images.