You're in a similar situation to me as I also have CS5.  I've been holding off
updating to Sierra but I did a search today and found that CS5 is not
officially tested/supported on Sierra.  It seems lots of people are having
trouble with crashes and printing problems.  Some people couldn't even get it
to run as it required a legacy Java dependency which doesn't have an installer
available for Sierra.

I'm currently thinking about going to CC now.  I'm reluctant but I knew it was
inevitable.  Adobe doesn't offer payment in NZD and the AUD exchange rate is
pretty good right now, so I might go for a 12-month subscription.  It does
puzzle me that buying 12 months offers no discount over 12x 1-month payments.

I have no idea about Lightroom but the situation is likely to be similar if
your version is of similar vintage to CS5.  If (when) I get out the credit card
I'll end up with Lightroom as well, which will be fun after all these years of
Bridge.

Cheers,
Dave