Another one that I forgot to ask about. With all of my other cameras, when I'd change the mode (M, Av, TAv, Tv ...) it would briefly display on the back LCD what the new mode was. Now, that doesn't happen. There doesn't seem to be a way to see the shooting mode in the dark without going to the idiot screen on the back that shows everything, shines in your face and runs the battery down. Am I missing a menu item to show that info?

Larry Colen wrote:
I'm sharing this because it just bit me. I was using AF-C mode and it
disabled the autofocus assist light. It also seems to disable the flash.

Despite doing the software upgrade a few weeks ago, my metz 58 is still
not working with the K-1. On the K-5 it shows PTTL, but on the K-1, just
TTL, and seems to always fire at full power.