There is no aperture linking at all.  If you stop it down, the view
gets dim and you need to press the green button to meter.   So
essentially you focus at 2.8, stop down to the aperture you want,
meter with the green button, and snap the pic.   Its a pain, but if
your subject is static, not much of a problem. If your subject is a
bug or something more dynamic, its going to be more problematic.  Live
view is also dim when stopped down...

--
-- Reduce your Government Footprint