I still have the Super Tax 55/2 which came with my now defunct S1a. If set to M (on the lens, that is) and used in AV mode, it works very well but needs +1 exp. comp. The AF confirm is even OK at f8. Good quality images.

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: John Coyle
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 9:44 AM
To: 'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'
Subject: RE: PESO: lens compare

I do have a Super Takumar 55/1.8, which is the same as the first Pentax lens I ever owned, and came with an SV body. I found the original version very good, quite capable of making prints up to 20 inches wide. I'll have to try it on my K5ii, as this camera does seem to make the best of any lens
you put on it.

John in Brisbane