Well I took Ann's advice and went out to look at the earlier PUGs downloaded the files and tried a few old, (strange how a technique from only 15 years or so ago is now "old"). tricks from the bad old days and strangely the results weren't unusable at least for the web.

I still hope to find the negatives re-scan and really do them justice, now that I have "modern" image manipulation tools available.

I decided to post the image that was the least technically perfect to the 20th Anaversary PUG since it was the least likely to be hurt by upresing, so you'll all get a chance to see it then.

The amazing thing is that I clearly remember what equipment I was using and why I took each of these, When I look an a lot of my digital images I don't remember which camera and lens I was using and often wonder "What the hell was I thinking?"

I think this was the first image I ever posted to the PUG. After upresing to 800px by 586 it and a bit of judicious sharpening it looks almost as good as I want to remember it did originally. I didn't even bother to watermark the original with copyright information.

https://pdml.updog.co/PUG20Rejects/PESO%20--%20firstsnow.html

Equipment: Pentax LX w/vmc Vivitar 90-180mm f4.5, Kodacolor Gold ISO 800, Acer ScanWit 2720s.

I had almost forgotten about this image, I really only downloaded it and played with it because I found it amusing. I often thought I was easily amused. You all can judge for yourselves.

https://pdml.updog.co/PUG20Rejects/PESO%20--%20itswinterdontforgetyourscarf.html

Equipment: Pentax LX w/smc Pentax M*300mm f4.0, Kodacolor Gold ISO 800, Acer ScanWit 2720s.

As usual comments are welcome but may be totally ignored.