Good to hear that you've got it running properly.

I use "SuperDuper!" too, it's an invaluable tool, but only for cloning volumes.
Unfortunately, when it clones bootable volumes, it does not clone the hidden
'startup volume' that allows re-installation of macOS, so I usually run a macOS
reinstall after I've created a cloned bootable volume—the macOS reinstall
recreates the hidden startup volume.

Time Machine maintains my system and personal files incrementally, the way I
want them to for day to day use, and Time Machine volumes allow me to use the
Migration Assistant if I want to clone a system's accounts onto a newly
formatted volume with a fresh macOS installation.

I don't use either for my photography files. I use Econ Technology's excellent
ChronoSync utility app to backup and synchronize my Lightroom catalogs and
working drive contents with two archive repository volumes. It is the most
efficient and recoverable backup system I've found that keeps files completely
accessible and manually manipulable with the Finder and Terminal. I've been
using it since 2004 and it has never missed a beat. One of the huge benefits to
using ChronoSync to copy HUGE numbers of files from one volume to another is
that you can turn on verbose logging and review every single file copy or
deletion it performed in a session, and you can schedule it to operate
automatically and unattended as well. It gives you the ability to stop a big
copy operation in the middle and resume it again without missing anything or
repeating the transfer of all the earlier files. Recent versions also create
and maintain bootable volumes, but I haven't used that facility with it just
yet. HIGHLY recommended!

  https://www.econtechnologies.com/chronosync/overview.html

enjoy,