I don't know for sure but I expect that the firmware doesn't have every different DST change programmed in. It wouldn't surprise me at all that the programmers tasked were following a requirement document that didn't include the Netherlands or a lot of other "smaller" districts that have different dates for the change or say the places with relatively small populations that change DST by 1/2 hour rather than a full hour, or that don't change to DST and are surrounded by others that do. DST is needlessly complicated, most of all because it's meaningless, except to actually hurt peoples health.

This is not to say that that the Netherlands isn't small or unimportant, but there is limited storage space in firmware and not all the things you'd like to include can fit.