Many times when I travel across time zones (a) I don’t have GPS time activated,
and (b) I don’t remember to adjust the clock. So I wind up with a bunch of
files which are offset -5 hours. And I have considered just leaving it that
way. However I often search through my photos with a time in mind (e.g.,
looking for the shot of the inside of the restaurant where we had lunch) and I
would just as soon let the camera tag the proper time on the files so I don’t
have to remember that lunch happened at 1230 local which was 0730 on the
camera’s clock. Or had we gone far enough west that local 1230 was now 0830? I
just find it easier to track if the files, use local time. So when I do forget
to have the camera do its time adjustment thing, I always do a batch correction
later in Lightroom.

stan