I don't expect EVERYTHING to be pre-configured; just the Operating System.

I'm *BUYING* a package - laptop with OS installed. It doesn't matter
which OS is installed, Windows, OS X or Linux. I expect "up and running"
support. If the vendor doesn't supply that, I'll buy from a vendor who does.

I also know the applications I named - other than the Adobe ones - are
available as native Linux applications, and I don't expect it to be any
more difficult to install them on a Linux machine than it is to install
applications on Windows.

I may find a Linux laptop that meets my needs. I may bite the bullet and
buy a MacBook.

Or I may end up with another Windoze machine if I can find one that
doesn't have Windoze 10 on it.