well I think Thunderbird may get enough complaints that they will improve that particular situation... it wouldn't be a problem if I were 30 years younger - norhting hard to do about it - the only problem is that it is -different- than what I've been used to for at least 20 years. I don't like what I've seen at gmail at all. I download and keep off line ALL my legit emails, all I send and all I get - /except/ for the stuff in the PDML folder,because it is archived on line amd isnt' just to me. With the exception that my outbox is saved no matter who I wrote to. The way Thunderbird lets you organize is virtually the same as the way old netscape mail did and that was a critical thing for me.

My email is essential to my selling on line and the way I can search and find things and crib stuff and remind myself of things is so easy to handle in
Thunderbird.

so I'd rather fight than switch :-)