http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/For-Ricoh-it-s-a-sink-or-swim-moment

This gives more credence to the story that Bipin shared back in April:
http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Ricoh-may-close-shutter-on-personal-camera-business

I have to believe that the Pentax division has made a name (and a
larger market for itself) enough that it would be an attractive target
for SOMEONE to purchase, but I **can't believe** that Pentax could be
looking at yet another transitional period.

Now that Pentax is using so many Sony chips, the company that really
makes sense owning Pentax is Sony, IMHO. </speculation>

We'll have to see how this plays out.

darren

--
“The Earth is Art, The Photographer is only a Witness ”
― Yann Arthus-Bertrand, Earth from Above