On the page that Gonz posted: https://www.dpreview.com/news/3586946955/ricoh-announced-cost-cuts-in-order-to-survive look for the comment by Mistral75, where that user posts operating profits.

Other (includes, but is not limited to, Ricoh Imaging): ¥1.4bn (FY2016) --> ¥(6.1)bn (FY2017, after ¥9.5bn impairment)

It is hard to say what else, besides Pentax os in that category. But
Pentax/Ricoh Imaging might, indeed, has increased the profit in this category due to the sales of the long-awaited K1. (I am not sure when their FY starts, it might have started in mid- or late-2016, when K1 was introduced.) But that is still probably below the projected profits, according to this document:
https://www.ricoh.com/release/2017/0411_1.html
But I wouldn't be surprised that the "impairment" (which RonHendriks on that forum highlight that much) is not a problem, but just the way to
decrease their tax liability and satisfy the formal requirements of the
market (With the announcement).

In any case, if I understand correctly, So far, the talks are about reducing primarily the sales and services. But then, read the comment on the same DPreview page by DPPMetro:

"but if you need any kind of repairs or support down the road, you will be on your own."

In the fall, myself and others found out they shut down the miniscule pro service, which already had a much higher standard to get into than any competitor. We found out not by announcement, either. Pro Service is supposed to come with the 645 anyhow.

Next, they fired all the Pentax people in the US around the same timeframe, including our contacts.

Then they fired at least 1000 in the US alone when the last report by Nikkei was made.
<<<<

And that what might hurt Pentax part.

Yet another thought, - I am not sure if at this stage Pentax is too much integrated with the rest of Ricoh Imaging, so that it cannot be separated and sold out without the rest of that division.

Igor

John Tue, 20 Jun 2017 13:19:26 -0700

My read on the situation is Pentax appears to be one of the few bright
spots on Ricoh's balance sheet.

Probably won't save Pentax if the parent company founders, but Pentax
isn't the cause of their troubles.