On 7/14/2017 17:30, Paul Stenquist wrote:
Shot with iPhone's portrait mode that simulates minimal depth of
field. Softened the facial details as well and did some general
retouching. The lady is nearly as old as me, so like me, some help is
she n order!

https://www.photo.net/photo/18407966/untitled

Paul via phone

Nicely done. I hope she likes it.

It's always hard to know how far to go retouching photos of older women.

Some of them are proud of their "battle scars" and will get mad if you
remove even one tiny wrinkle. Others still want to be seen as the Ingénue.

I invariably choose the wrong one and have to do it all over again. Good
thing PhotoShop has layers.

OTOH, I think I'd apply a vignette to darken the upper right & left
corners so they don't compete as much with the subject.