Most priests aren't going to engage in a live demo for a photographer, but the
church probably has a printout of rules. But I assume this is a freeby, right?
In that case you make your best guess, show up and shoot. Not much that could
go wrong here. You will be fairly close, you don't need the bigma. With the
range of something like a 24-70 and cropping possibilities, you'll be golden.

Paul via phone