On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 03:03:14PM -0500, Darren Addy wrote:
> You guys can laugh, but the extra traffic is already causing problems
> in Oregon. A person who works at a gas station on the interstate in SW
> Idaho posted "SO  MANY  PEOPLE."
> There are reports of some areas where gas stations are out of fuel.
> I'm making sure that my tanks are topped off all weekend, because I
> need to go almost 2 hours away to my chosen spot.

Allow extra time.  Lots of extra time.

On the late evening news broadcast yesterday ('taped' around 5:00 pm)
there were reports of a 15-mile traffic backup on one Oregon highway.
And that's on Thursday!  As the newscasters remarked, it's likely to
be a whole lot worse on Monday when visitors try to get home after the
eclipse, when everybody will be trying to leave at the same time.