Nice shots - good lighting and sharpness. I've chased those quite a bit and they are indeed quite fast.

Can't help much with the ID. The silver spotted skipper has a very prominent white mark on the underside of the rear wings and orange bands on the top side. Otherwise there are many species of folded wing skippers with a basic rusty-brown coloration, differing only in the details of the wing spots.

Mark

Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
Our butterfly bushes and echinaceas attract a lot of Monarchs, Viceroys,
Swallowtails and
Cabbage Whites.  Mixed in with them occasionally are tiny brown and orange
or yellow butterflies that move very quickly, and because of their size and
erratic flight, they are extremely difficult to photograph.  Luckily, some
took a liking to the Sedum heads that are just starting to mature, giving
me the opportunity to grab a few shots of the little buggers.

I am not certain, but I think they are skippers, perhaps silver-spotted,
Delaware or fiery skippers.  Any help in identification will be greatly
appreciated, as will comments and criticisms on the images.

I also took this opportunity to try SquareSpace for a mini-gallery, and it
seems to work well.

http://dan-matyola.squarespace.com/danmatyolas-pesos/2017/8/18/skippers

K-5 IIs, FA 100 mm F 2.8 macro

Dan Matyola