Dear Joe,

What you say below is all very interesting to me.  I hope you do give another go at writing up how lst three methods exemplify some of the major ways in which our problem solving goes astray.  I think the three methods (while each having an attractive virtue) if used exclusively or even in some sort of mechanistic combination often cause more problems then they solve.  They are pseudo solutions to lifes problems because each denies some fundamental aspect of reality  -- either the self , the other or what mediates between the two.  Or to put it another way -- feeling, will, or thought.  In anycase you seem to be in an inspired mood and I hope you press on.  Just now for example the whole country seems at a loss for what to do about the Mid East.  I wonder how the approach you are thinking about might be applied in trying to solve problems on that scale as well as in analyzing the problems of our individual lives. And not just interpersonal problems, the problems we face with our enviroment as well.

Best wishes,
Jim Piat