I am very sorry to hear that.
Thomas.

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 08:08:53 +0200, John Collier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

All,

I have not been subscribed to the Peirce-L list since my university changed my email address to fit its corporate image. I was getting reports regularly from my student Arnold Shepperson.

I regret to inform you that Arnold died yesterday of a heart attack. It was a shock to me, since I saw him shortly before his death, and he seemed fine, and very enthusiastic. It is a loss to me personally, but also, I think, to the wider world. Arnold was well on his way to giving a Peircean response to Arrow's paradox of social choice by rejecting Arrow's explicitly nominalist assumptions on ordering, using the idea of sequence instead, as found in Peirce.

My best to everyone.

John