Gary:  How Emersonian.  As I said, I am too ignorant to make pronouncements
on Peirce.  I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that Peirce was a man of his
times--and that he obviously spent too much time with Emerson's godson.  :=)
Should you find any Swedenborgian passages in Peirce, please don't tell me.
If Peirce's ideal of scientific method parallels the bhodisattva ideal . . .
well, so be it; oxymoron is the food of faith.

Gary R wrote, in part:
I thought perhaps that Gary had such a passages as this in mind when he
suggested that there might be parallels between Peirce's ideal of
scientific method and the Boddhisattva ideal:

CP 1.673. . .. the supreme commandment of the Buddhisto-christian
religion is, to generalize, to complete the whole system even until
continuity results and the distinct individuals weld together. >