"Thomas Weidner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Hi Thomas,

I am sending this reply to the PEL development list too. Please
subscribe to the list here:

and send your reply there ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) as well. Then other
people might be able to help you -- I am not really spending any time
on PEL these days. My new project is something completely different,
but see http://viff.dk/ if you are curious :-)

> I use your library without any difficulties on my localhost server.
> When I transfer the php scripts and classes to my web host account,
> the library won't work anymore. I have tried it with giving the
> folders the highest rights (777) but nothing happened.

The PEL files and folders should have normal access rights, but you
are right that the folder in which you store processed images might
need more permissions.

> The message presented is a parse error from the PelJpeg.php file:
> parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or
> T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in
> /homepages/23/d70956017/htdocs/new_augburg/neu/pel/PelJpeg.php on
> line 128

I guess that could be caused by you running PHP4 instead of PHP5. PEL
requires PHP5. If your webhost still only offers PHP4, then please ask
them to upgrade. You can send them to this page:

  http://gophp5.org/

which is a campaign for getting people to adopt PHP5 (released more
than three years ago!).

--
Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multi-Party Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.