Hi folks,

a representative of Pentax wrote me a mail saying there will be a firmware update for the *istD sometime at the end of january. It will be announced in the news of Pentax homepage when in is available.

I don't know what stuff they will adress in the firmware other then the writing speed on CF cards (that went abysmally down in the 1.10 update - yes, the 1.00 firmware did write way faster then the new ones).

And some general thing: a firmware update is never 'a simple thing' - changing software embedded in hardware must be made very careful and be tested a lot, you won't want a software update to damage everybodys *istD on some strange setting, do you?

Happy Christmas!
Sam