* Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org> [2009-06-07T19:07:34]
> On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 12:01:40PM -0400, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> > You have sent this message at an excellent time!  Email::Sender::Simple is
> > potentially done, and I've written a quickstart guide, just last night.
> >
> >   http://rjbs.manxome.org/tmp/QuickStart.html
>
> Looks pretty good.  Thanks.
>
> Any plans to add "simple" attachments?  Like I mentioned, one of the
> more common tasks for apps I work on seem to be attaching pdfs and
> spreadsheets.

Well, Email::Sender doesn't deal with attachments at all.  It doesn't know
what's in your message, beyond *maybe* looking at the to/from headers.
Attachment stuff is all handled by Email::MIME.

Can you give me an idea what the Perl you want to write would look like?

> > You might like the BBC's Email::MIME::CreateHTML:
> >
> >   Email-MIME-CreateHTML
> >
> > I think it does everything you want.
>
> I looked at that and I don't think it will create the plain text
> version automatically from the html, but I'll take a look again.

You're right, oops.  In these circumstances I do one of three things:

  a) shell out to w3m (ugh!)
  b) only write the plaintext part, in Markdown, and use that to generate both
     (see http://search.cpan.org/dist/Email-MIME-Kit-Assembler-Markdown)
  c) use HTML::FormatText::WithLinks

--
rjbs