On Monday 23 May 2016 19:05:39 p...@cpan.org wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I created new perl module Email::Address::XS for parsing and formatting
> email groups or addresses. Parser is borrowed from dovecot and that part
> implemented in C/XS.
>
> Source code is currently at:
> https://github.com/pali/Email-Address-XS
>
> Email::Address::XS has backward compatible API with old Email::Address
> module (which has security problem CVE-2015-7686) and my new module is
> intended to replace old Email::Address.
>
> This module supports not only single list of addresses, but also named
> groups of addresses (according to RFC 2822).
>
> I tried to make source code readable, documented and also fast (thanks
> to dovecot parser written in C; not in perl regex).
>
> It contains also lot of examples and test cases to check that parser and
> formatter is correct.
>
> See pod documentation and unit tests:
> https://github.com/pali/Email-Address-XS/blob/master/lib/Email/Address/XS.pm
> https://github.com/pali/Email-Address-XS/blob/master/t/Email-Address-XS.t
>
> Thanks to named group support I would like to extend Email::MIME module
> to allow passing directly Email::Address::XS objects, not only string
> headers to make MIME encoding and decoding from applications easier.
>
> What do you think about it?

Back to the my original email about Email::Address::XS... I fixed last
known C/XS related bugs and automatic tests passed on Travis-CI and
AppVeyor with different perl versions.

Finally Email::Address::XS is available on cpan:
https://metacpan.org/pod/Email::Address::XS

Module is compatible back to perl 5.6.0 and is working fine on Linux,
Windows, FreeBSD and HP-UX.

If you found any problems with it then let me know.