Hi all,

One year ago, some Italian Perl Mongers started "pod2it" project,
the perldoc italian translation project (pod2it.sourceforge.net,
leaded by Stefano Rodighiero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>).

We believe that the translations will be useful if these can be easily
distributed and installed. So it is logical to put it into a Perl package.

Which namespace? We have chosen POD2::<country code> namespace
and specifically POD2::IT for the italian translations.
You can see the alpha package at http://modperl.it/POD2-IT-0.02.tar.gz
After installing it, you could see the italian pod translations with:

perldoc POD2::IT::perlfunc

In the same manner after installing a (virtual) french package:

perldoc POD2::FR::perlfunc

There is also an idea to patch perldoc in order to add a switch (like -L)
for directly see localized translation:

perldoc -L it perlfunc

We've called it POD2::IT, but any suggestions about the module and/or
namespace are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

        - Enrico
        tranlsator member of "pod2it" - the perldoc translation italian project
        http://pod2it.sourceforge.net