On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:47:12 -0600, "Tony Wong (IT)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I am using the Win32::OLE in my program with threads.   More
>specifically, multithreaded WMI calls.   Everything is fine except when
>a thread joins giving exception error.
>
>The end of this post contains a stripped down code that cause this
>error: Free to wrong pool 22cf80 not 222c60 during global destruction.

Win32::OLE doesn't work correctly in a multithreaded program because the
COM subsystem isn't being initialized in the additional threads.  Perl
also doesn't know that it needs to increment the COM reference counts
when it duplicates Win32::OLE objects during thread creation.  I'll look
into it once shared variables work more reliable in Perl.

The error you are seeing however might be just one of the several
threading bugs that are still in Perl 5.8.  Please try again once Perl
5.8.1 is released.

Cheers,
-Jan