Reini Urban wrote:
Attached are some minor cygwin path fixes for Scintilla.

Thanks for the pointers. I didn't like the call to the external process, or having to remove the taint check from the test, so I've just committed a different fix for this problem.

Win32::GUI::LoadLibrary() has been enhanced to:

(1) Convert '/' to '\' - as (on win98 at least) LoadLibrary doesn't like Unix separators. (2) call cygwin_convert_to_win32_path() under Cygwin (this is pretty much what cygpath does with the -w option)
(3) now returns undef (rather than 0) on error

Note that Include/SciLexer.dll must have the executable +x flag in the filesystem, otehrwise LoadLibrary in cygwin will fail.

I did cvs up, so it's wrong in cvs at sf.net. But not that important.
Just be sure that the final .tar.gz will have the +x bit set for this file.

I don't know how to fix this is CVS, but I can confirm that if I do
  nmake tardist
and then extract the resulting tar.gz file in my cygwin environment that the execute bit is correctly set on SciLexer.dll

Regards,
Rob.
--
Robert May
Win32::GUI, a perl extension for native Win32 applications