I think I'm making good progress.  I just cimmitted everything that I
had outstanding in my local repository.  Here's what I have left to do
before a 1.06 release:

- Check that some 'redefined definitions' warnings have been removed
by the updates to ppport.h
- Find out why my build on Cygwin results in an unloadable
SciLexer.dll (permissions I think)
- Add to all Makefiles a suitable addition of the -mms-bitfields flag
for gcc, to allow building under 5.10 with GCC against a VC++ compiled
Perl to work.
- check that the new tests for Scintilla work under cygwin
- update $VERSION of modules that have changes
- update Win23::GUI $VERSION to 1.05_99 and make a beta distribution available.

As long as I don't find any more problems this shouldn't take long.

Regards,
Rob.