> Note the other cygwin permission problems:
> * GUI.rc is not writable, so the default make will fail.

Hmmm.  It's not read-only in the repository or in my build directory.
I did (somehow) get a read-only version in the 1.05 source tarball -
is that what you're talking about?

On the basis on my investigation I don't think this is a real problem.

> * samples/* are not writable, so the blib update for the demos will fail.
> No patch, I fix that in my build script.

On further investigation I don't know what you refering to here
either.  The samples get put into blib just fine.  There's a problem
with the '*' glob picking up the CVS directory, but that's ignored
(although I'll fix it).

Regards,
Rob.