> If you download it please feedback your experience (even if it is only
> 'OK so far') by replying to this thread (or directly to me) so that I
> can get a feel for whether there are any significant issues with the
> release.

Was unable to do any testing over the weekend. Sorry. I uninstalled the
previous version (via ppm) and installed the binary for 5.8 on my "clean" build
machine:

XP, 5.8.7 (813):

Running any win32::GUI script I get:

A windows error message box: "The procedure entry point Perl_sv_2uv_flags could
not be located in the dynamic link library perl58.dll"

Once you click on, you get the following on the command line.

C:\DevelopmentVPN\Win32-GUI-1.05_90-PPM-5.8>win32-gui-demos
Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/Win32/GUI/GUI.dll' for module Win32::GUI: load
_file:The specified procedure could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm li
ne 230.
 at C:\Perl\bin\win32-gui-demos.bat line 42
Compilation failed in require at C:\Perl\bin\win32-gui-demos.bat line 42.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Perl\bin\win32-gui-demos.bat line 42.

C:\DevelopmentVPN\Win32-GUI-1.05_90-PPM-5.8>

In my main development environment (Vista, 5.8.8 (822)) I did the same
(uninstalled and used the binary) and am getting the same issues (undefined
value during destruction and Scintillia) I mentioned a few days ago.

I am snowed under at the moment so I wont be able to create example showing the
errors or to provide a fix. If you don't get anyone else reporting these issues
- just release the version anyway - I am doing heavy things with Win32-GUI so
it could even be my code.

Sorry for the useless bug reports!

Cheers,

jez.