Hi,

> Cool - do some major testing with your app, and if things are still OK, the
> fix (well, a version of it) will get committed to CVS.

Until now I rewrote my application to use the fix and first tests are really
promising. By the way, this tremendous GDI object number was due to the fact
that each label and textfield had its own font which in turn is just GDI object
and the same with background.

Syntax of background color in Win32::GUI is little misleading (-background =>
0xffffff) as it suggests that it is simple attribute of a widget. But it is not
the case: each background is full GDI object too! Maybe - I am just
speculating - that was the fundamental reason why the background color error
raised? Who - at first sight - could see that there is a such big difference
between -background and -foreground?

So these two problems seems to be overcome for me and I am much more happy!

> Interesting that
> you are still having memory issues with 5.12. This could be another issue
> within Win32::GUI that only manifests in those versions of perl...

I have to check it once again. For a few days I've got such a big mess in my
Perl environments so I could overlooked something. I hope to do it in this
weekend.

Cheers,

Waldemar.