We detected and fixed two bugs and regressions from 6.10.0 which
failed to build parrot on Microsoft Windows with Microsoft Visual
Studio C++.

- Wrong function ptr cast on win64
  https://github.com/parrot/parrot/issues/1190
- Wrong SAL annotations on msvc cl < 16.00
  https://github.com/parrot/parrot/issues/1192

Other minor changes in this hotfix:
- Optimize away ExtUtils::Command on posix systems. #1177
- Fix cpu config values for gcc_cmpxchg to include atomic/gcc_x86.o on amd64.
  Harmonized the cpu config keys, no $platform_has_$feature
  keys anymore, just HAS_$PLATFORM_$feature. #1173
- Improved msvc configuration from a mingw perl. #1191

Parrot is a virtual machine aimed at running all dynamic languages.
Parrot 7.0.2 is available on Parrot's FTP site, or by following the
download instructions. For those who want to hack on Parrot or
languages that run on top of Parrot, we recommend our organization
page on GitHub, or you can go directly to the official Parrot Git repo
on Github

To clone the Parrot Git repo into a directory called 'parrot', use the
following:
    git clone git://github.com/parrot/parrot.git

If you want it to be in a directory other than 'parrot', then just
give that as a second argument to clone:
    git clone git://github.com/parrot/parrot.git parrot_foo

The SHA256 message digests for the downloadable tarballs are:
1a8e9e203ad8ac92c89422603d1603fa821e957aa3a9ae57420c737d93c55213
parrot-7.0.2.tar.gz
2cc8dc1eada38bb6328bf1f4648bd5e01e000b415f984b7ad6b5b6c123a15ac9
parrot-7.0.2.tar.bz2

Thanks to all our contributors for making this possible, and our
sponsors for supporting this project. Our next scheduled release is at
17 Feb 2015.
Enjoy!
--
Reini Urban