Jodi,
They appear to be ground beetles (Carabidae). There are more than 40K species
described. The members of this group are opportunistic feeders. I anticipate
the beetles (as well as the spiders) captured on the glue traps merely wandered
in from outside. I anticipate that they pose no real risk to the museum.

-Rich

Richard Pollack, PhD.
CEO & Chief Scientific Officer
IdentifyUS, LLC
320 Needham Street
Suite 200
Newton, MA 02464-1593
------------------
617.600.6360  (W)
617.513.9266  (M)

HARVARD UNIVERSITY
Environmental Health, Safety and Emergency Management (EHSEM)
Senior Environmental Public Health Officer
46 Blackstone St., South
Cambridge, MA 02139
Office: 617-495-2995  Cell: 617-447-0763
www.ehs.harvard.edu
richard_poll...@harvard.edu