Jodi,

The carabids (ground beetles)  will cause no direct damage to
collections materials, however, they usually die in places that may be
difficult to reach when cleaning.  Their carcasses potentially provide
food for several species of dermestid beetles.  It is good practice to
routinely clean up any dead insects on floors, window sills, exhibit
cases, etc.  Once established in a building the dermestids can easily
begin to feed on other materials of organic origin if they are not
protected.

Tim

--
Everett D. (Tim) Cashatt, Ph.D.