Megan,
Book lice should be expected in and around any museum, library, office or home.
A few in a library setting shouldn't necessarily cause alarm, but it would be
wise to continue monitoring the archived materials as well as the general
environment. If you see book lice more than occasionally in the archived
materials, then consider trying to reduce the overall humidity in the facility.
That is usually the most practical and acceptable means to maintain the
population of book lice at or below an acceptable threshold level. I realize
this can be challenging in Bremerton, but it is possible.Good luck.
-Rich

Richard Pollack, PhD.
CEO & Chief Scientific Officer
IdentifyUS, LLC
320 Needham Street
Suite 200
Newton, MA 02464-1593
------------------
617.600.6360  (W)
617.513.9266  (M)

HARVARD UNIVERSITY
Environmental Health, Safety and Emergency Management (EHSEM)
Senior Environmental Public Health Officer
46 Blackstone St., South
Cambridge, MA 02139
Office: 617-495-2995  Cell: 617-447-0763
www.ehs.harvard.edu
richard_poll...@harvard.edu