From: Jennifer Rice <stallcollectionandc...@gmail.com>
To: pestlist <pestlist@museumpests.net>
Sent: Wed, May 18, 2016 10:37 am
Subject: [pestlist] Fwd: pestlist

This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
To post to thislist send it as an email to pestlist@museumpests.net
To unsubscribe look atthe footer of thisemail.

I work for a private design collection of clothing/accessories that around this
time of the year start to spot some dermestid beetles that our pest control
provider has identified as black carpet beetles (this is by no means an
infestation, just seasonal activity we are trying to keep controlled).  Last
season, our pest control provider gave us some “carpet beetle” traps that were
later proved ineffective: our traps caught nothing even though we had continued
sightings of a few flying around and later our pest control provider said the
same traps were used in an absolutely infested space and were unable to trap
anything.  They have been unable to recommend another trap.  I looked around on
the Trapping section on Museum Pests, but I figure direct endorsements are not
polite.  I am unsure of the brand they were using here, but the pheromone vials
were placed on yellow Catch-It glue traps.  Perhaps the Catch-It was not sticky
enough for a beetle as well...

If anyone does not mind making a personal endorsement, can you please recommend
a specific brand for black carpet beetle pheromones?

Thank you!