This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.

We already spray the exterior of the building with esfenvalerate, which has
helped tremendously preventivng new critters from getting in.  However, we
still need to address our resident populations.

My understanding is that Gentrol (hydroprene) will also affect a handful of
other common pests, including drugstore beetles.  Our biggest concern about
using this product is how the IPM coordinator for our campus described how
it is used.  He made it sound like the chemical travels through the
building, or at least parts of it, meaning that it touches everything.
We're used to target spraying, but the idea of a chemical floating through
the air and coming into contact with photographic collections does raise a
concern.

Another concern we are curious about is if Gentrol arrests development of
larva, do they stay in the larval stage longer and cause more damage to
whatever they are feeding on as a result?

Mostly I'm interested in hearing if anyone else out there has tried IGRs
and what their experiences are.

Thanks,

Alan