Could be a drain fly from the drains in bathroom area.  See photo

-----Original Message-----
From: pestlist-ow...@museumpests.net [mailto:pestlist-ow...@museumpests.net] On
Behalf Of Jablonski, Megan T CIV NHHC, NUM
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2016 2:54 PM
To: pestlist@museumpests.net
Subject: RE: [pestlist] Fruit Fly Question

Are you sure they're fruit flies? I deal with a similar issue earlier this
summer. We had tons of what I thought were fruit flies in our collections area,
so I posted a photo of them on this listserv.  By doing that, I was informed
that they were actually "Black Fungus Gnats," which were an indicator of excess
moisture in our collections area! Would you be able to post a close-up picture
of your flies?

Megan Jablonski
Collections Manager
Puget Sound Navy Museum
Naval History & Heritage Command
251 1st Street
Bremerton, WA 98337
p. (360) 627-2288
f. (360) 627-2273

www.PugetSoundNavyMuseum.org
www.history.navy.mil/PSNM
www.facebook.com/pugetsoundnavymuseum

FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY - PRIVACY SENSITIVE: ANY MISUSE OR UNAUTHORIZED
DISCLOSURE MAY RESULT IN BOTH CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES.