From: Nezka Pfeifer <cura...@everhart-museum.org>
To: pestlist <pestlist@museumpests.net>
Sent: Wed, Aug 31, 2016 2:29 pm
Subject: [pestlist] beetle ID?

Hello all,
My curatorial assistant found these three similar beetles in one of our insect
traps today (a public gallery with a wide variety of items on display
(taxidermy specimens, wooden sculpture, ceramics, furniture, lithic material,
most of which are displayed on wooden pedestals).
They are 5 mm in length and the one on the right is actually a brown color,
rather than black. We typically get spiders and mites and centipedes caught in
the traps in this particular gallery so we’re concerned about these as we don’t
know what they are. They appeared within the last 10 days.
Please advise at your convenience and thank you for your help.
Cordially,
Nezka

Nezka Pfeifer
Curator
The Everhart Museum of Natural History, Science & Art
1901 Mulberry Street
Scranton, PA  18510-2390
p: 570.346.7186 ext. 512
f: 570.346.0652
www.everhart-museum.org

Follow the breadcrumbs to the Everhart Museum and explore the symbols and
archetypes found in fairy tales in Wolves, Magic Mirrors & Spinning Wheels: The
Anatomy of Fairy Tales. Be inspired by artworks illustrating new fairy tales in
our Community Art at the Everhart: Fairy Tale Remix exhibit in Gallery ONE. All
exhibits on view July 15 – December 31, 2016.

Want to always be in the know about happenings at the Everhart? Become our
friend on Facebook and follow on Twitter @everhartmuseum and Instagram
@everhartmuseum.

Be sure to designate the Everhart Museum as your charity of choice and raise
money for the Everhart by shopping at Amazon via AmazonSmile.