Hi Erika,

Am responding on-list only because the Connecting to Collections Webinar last
week addressed this issue and if you’re a member of the network (free) you can
download the materials, and policy from the MSU Museum made available here
http://www.connectingtocollections.org/beyond-no-food-or-drink-in-the-gallery/

The recommendations are to have a separate food management policy that
correlates to the collections management policy, and that training of museum
and catering staff is crucial to keep pest issues at a minimum or nonexistent.
We currently operate with best practices in mind when it comes to food
management but the webinar has spurred us to actually draft a policy, which I
think was the case for many of the webinar participants.

Hope this is helpful,

Nezka

Nezka Pfeifer
Curator
The Everhart Museum of Natural History, Science & Art
1901 Mulberry Street
Scranton, PA  18510-2390
p: 570.346.7186 ext. 512

f: 570.346.0652
www.everhart-museum.org <http://www.everhart-museum.org/>

Follow the breadcrumbs to the Everhart Museum and explore the symbols and
archetypes found in fairy tales in Wolves, Magic Mirrors & Spinning Wheels: The
Anatomy of Fairy Tales. Be inspired by artworks illustrating new fairy tales in
our Community Art at the Everhart: Fairy Tale Remix exhibit in Gallery ONE. All
exhibits on view July 15 – December 31, 2016.

Want to always be in the know about happenings at the Everhart? Become our
friend on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Everhart-Museum-of-Natural-History-Science-Art/57064683336?ref=ts>
  and follow on Twitter @everhartmuseum <https://twitter.com/#!/everhartmuseum>
 and Instagram @everhartmuseum <https://instagram.com/everhartmuseum/> .

Be sure to designate the Everhart Museum as your charity of choice and raise
money for the Everhart by shopping at Amazon via
<http://smile.amazon.com/?tag=abba-smile-us-20&version=1.0> AmazonSmile.